We suggest you should allow around 2 hours to have a good look at May Gibbs’ life, works and the Nutcote property.
Possible Nutcote itinerary (if you have a couple of hours)
- 11.00 am – Arrive at May Gibbs’ Nutcote, have a cup of tea and something to eat in the Bib and Bub Tea Room
- 11.20 am – Watch the film about the life and works of May Gibbs (running time 20 minutes)
- 11.40 am – Have a tour of the House Museum
- 12.00 pm – Take a turn in the Harbour Gardens and admire the stunning views of Sydney Harbour
- 12.10 pm – Take a turn in the formal English Gardens
- 12.20 pm – Have lunch either in the Bib and Bub Tea Room or bring along a picnic!
- 1.00 pm – Have a look in the Gift Shop
Possible itinerary (if you have limited time)
- Arrive at May Gibbs’ Nutcote
- Watch the film about the life and works of May Gibbs (running time 20 minutes)
- Have a tour of the House Museum (20 mins)
- Take a turn in the Gardens
- Visit our Gift Shop
Wednesday to Sunday: 11.00 am to 3.00 pm (Last admissions 2.30 pm).
There is no parking available at Nutcote and very limited parking on Wallaringa Avenue. Parking may be available on Kurraba Road and Lower Wycombe Road. We encourage visitors to use public transport!
(Tel: 131 500)
You can get to Nutcote easily by public transport. The best way to find out is to look up http://www.transportnsw.info/ and use the Plan Your Trip feature. Transport is now cheaper with the use of the Opal Card. Please see https://www.opal.com.au/en/fares-and-benefits/opal_for_tourists/ for information on a good way to get around Sydney!
If you are taking the ferry, please note that the Hayes Street (Neutral Bay) wharf is a better option for those with prams or mobile impairment, as there are no stairs. The Kurraba Point wharf has stairs heading up to street level.
Access to Nutcote is only via the Gift Shop located at 5 Wallaringa Avenue. There are a number of stairs to negotiate to enter and walk around, and the property slopes steeply down to the harbour. It is not suitable for wheelchair users.
There is an admission fee to enter Nutcote unless you are a Friend of Nutcote, payable at the Gift Shop.
Concession (student card or seniors card)
Family (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children)
Please note that booking is required for groups of more than 9 people.